1. Do Now: Review for your quiz:
- Take a practice quiz: Click Here
- Answer all of the questions.
- Then, click submit and review the answers you missed.
- Ask Mr. T any questions you have.
- If you finish early, you may practice with the Quizlet flashcards from yesterday's lesson:
2. Quiz #24: Subject/Verb Agreement with Indefinite Pronouns: Socrative (room number kba)
3. Review what it means to write with precise language:
- Precise means specific, detailed, exact, and expressive
- Specific = giving details
- not vague (lacking in detail, too general)
- Concise = using few words to say a lot
- not verbose (using a lot of words to say a little)
- Precise language makes our writing clearer, so we can say exactly what we want to say. Plus, it can make our writing more interesting!
4. Practice choosing the most precise language for a set of sentences: Socrative
5. Practice with Multiple-Choice Questions: You will read a passage about the history of eggs, and then answer some multiple-choice questions about how to revise the writing for precise language: Socrative
6. Practice Independently and Assess Your Skills: You will now read a passage about scuba diving and answer similar multiple-choice questions.
If you finish early: complete today's activity on TeenBiz3000.
Homework: Precision Monsters