1. IWBAT identify aha moments in Chapter 7 of The Outsiders.
2. IWBAT define and identify static and dynamic characters in The Outsiders.
|dynamic: changes (in a big way)|
|static: stays the same|
1. Do Now: There/Their/They're Homophones Review
2. Homework Check
3. Review & Chapter 6 Exit Slip: Aha Moments
4. Mini-Lesson: Static & Dynamic Characters
STATIC: Which characters stay the same throughout the story?
DYNAMIC: Which characters change (in a big way) during the story?
5. The Outsiders: Chapter 7 (pp. 100-118)
- mourning (noun, p. 104): the feeling of deep sorrow or regret
- outcast (noun, p. 113): a person who has been rejected by society or a social group
6. Exit Ticket:
Homework: Chapter 7