1. IWBAT cite and analyze a quote from Night, in order to support how Elie Wiesel is beginning to dynamically change in the course of his memoir.
2. IWBAT closely read and describe the significance of a notable passage from Night.
1. Do Now: compound sentences - part 3
2. MAP Progress!
3. Homework Check: TFK activity
4. Identify Evidence to Characterize Elie Before the Holocaust (use this document)
5. Cite and Analyze a Quote to Support How Elie is Beginning to Change
6. Read Night: Part 5 (pp. 34-46)
7. Closely Read & Analyze "Never Shall I Forget" (from p. 24 of Night)
Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, that turned my life into one long night seven times sealed.
Never shall I forget that smoke.
Never shall I forget the small faces of the children whose bodies I saw transformed into smoke under a silent sky.
Never shall I forget those flames that consumed my faith for ever.
Never shall I forget the nocturnal silence that deprived me for all eternity of the desire to live.
Never shall I forget those moments that murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to ashes.
Never shall I forget those things, even were I condemned to live
as long as God Himself.