1. IWBAT define and identify independent clauses and dependent clauses.
2. IWBAT describe China by listing three or more facts.
1. Do Now: Clauses Brain Pop
- Check for Understanding Quiz on Socrative (room number: kba)
2. WANNABES & FANBOYS
3. Identify Independent & Dependent Clauses:
- Mild: Identification Practice: click here <-- MUST DO!
- Medium: Sentence Speedway: click here
- Medium: Rags to Riches: click here
- Spicy! Kicking It up a Notch: click here
- Spicy! Waaaay More Practice: click here
4. Exit Slip #1: IWBAT identify independent and dependent clauses:
- Take it at ExitTix
- Finished Early? Go back to the practice activities in Task #3, or read a book.
5. Introduction to China!
- Read China, the mini-book
- Watch "An Introduction to China in 10 Minutes"
6. Exit Slip #2: IWBAT describe China by listing three or more facts.