1. IWBAT edit sentences to ensure that verbs agree with subjects that include indefinite pronouns.
2. IWBAT correctly use indefinite pronouns in my writing.
1. Do Now & Homework Check: Reinventing the Library (TFK)
3. Pronouns: Review what pronouns are and learn about different types of pronouns by examining the comic below:
- Pronouns are words that take the place of nouns.
- Personal pronouns are words that take the place of certain people that are known
- examples: I, he, she, they, we, it
- Possessive pronouns are pronouns that show possession (ownership)
- examples: my, his, her, their, our, its
4. Introduction/Video: Watch a video that introduces indefinite pronouns:
- Indefinite pronouns are words that take the place of an unspecified (or unknown) person or thing.
- Some indefinite pronouns are always singular:
- example: Every person knows how to tie his shoes.
- Some indefinite pronouns are always plural:
- example: Both of the students know how to simplify fractions.
- Some indefinite pronouns are sometimes singular and sometimes plural.
- If the indefinite pronoun refers to part of something, they are singular.
- The noun following the indefinite pronoun will usually be singular.
- example: All of the class knows how to identify pronouns.
- If the indefinite pronoun refers to multiple things, they are plural.
- The noun following the indefinite pronoun will usually be plural.
- example: All of the students know how to select the appropriate verb.
6. Practice with Indefinite Pronouns: identify whether an indefinite pronouns is always singular, always plural, or depends (=either) -- none means it's not an indefinite pronouns
7. Guided Practice: Complete the guided practice activity on Socrative (room number: kba).
8. Independent Practice: Now, you will complete additional practice on Socrative on your own.
9. Exit Ticket: Finally, take your exit ticket on Socrative.
If you finish early:
- Get Help: Review the content from today's lesson: Click Here or Click Here
- More practice: Continue practicing with subject/verb agreement: Activity 1 / Activity 2 / Activity 3
- Watch a corny video: If you have your own headphones, you can watch a video with a song of the indefinite pronouns: Click Here
- TeenBiz3000: Complete today's activity on TeenBiz.
Homework: Indefinite Pronouns