IWBAT use various sources to research information about the fates and use this information to infer meaning of a scene in Chapter 2 of The Lightning Thief.
1. Homework Check (5 minutes): review answers to "Lionfish on the Loose" (TFK)
2. Read The Lightning Thief (20 minutes): Chapter 2: pp. 16-28
(audiobook: Part 1, 22:49 to 41:33)
3. Quill.org (10 minutes): complete the lesson that is due today, April 22nd
- Finished Early? You may:
- work on other assigned Quill lessons
- read your AR book silently
- work on TeenBiz3000
- listen to an audio adaptation of "The Most Dangerous Games"
- read a biography of Richard Connell or one of his other short stories
- learn more about Perseus
- explore other Greek gods and goddesses
- watch the author speak about his book, The Lightning Thief
- watch videos about the fates: here and here (or below)
4. Research the Fates (35 minutes): Use various sources to learn about the fates in Greek mythology -- complete classwork here
- Who and what does Percy see?
- Why is Grover scared?
- What does this mean?
- How do you know?
6. Close-Out (5 minutes)
- Hungry for More? Learn more about the fates on the Percy Jackson wiki page.
Today's Homework: "Ocean Invaders" (TFK)
- Read the articles from Time For Kids:
- "Lionfish on the Loose"
- "The Top 5 Types of Trash"
- "Protecting Our Parks"
- "Chasing Sharks"
- "The Battle for Bugs"
- Please keep your Time For Kids magazines in your homework folder. You will use them all week!