IWBAT demonstrate mastery of sixth grade English-language arts standards:
- Clarify an understanding of texts by creating outlines, logical notes, summaries, or reports.
- Use a variety of effective and coherent organizational patterns, including comparison and contrast; organization by categories; and arrangement by spatial order, order of importance, or climactic order.
- Revise writing to improve the organization and consistency of ideas within and between paragraph
1. Quiz #26: Take your weekly skills assessment on the three ELA standards we learned and practiced this week. Bubble your answers on your GradeCam answer sheet.
2. Grade Your Quiz: When you finish, bring your answer sheet up to Mr. T's computer to grade. Mark the questions you missed and your first score (the percentage correct).
3. Correct Your Mistakes: You can earn half credit for any question that you originally missed and correctly answer on the second attempt. Retake the missed questions and change the answers on your GradeCam answer sheet. When you are done, score your quiz on Mr. T's computer again.
4. TeenBiz3000: After completing your quiz and corrections, you will complete today's activity on TeenBiz3000, "Thanks, But No Thanks?" The writing activity (or thought question, step #5) will be graded, so please work carefully.
- If you finish early, complete other activities on TeenBiz3000.
Homework: Prepositions & Compound Sentences
Practice CST Exam: Monday and Tuesday morning