IWBAT revise my narrative, in order to improve my ideas and organization.
1. Do Now: capitalization and punctuation of dialogue:
- A: Read how to capitalize and punctuation dialogue correctly: Conventions Review
- B: Select the choice that shows proper capitalization and punctuation: Practice Activity 1
- C: Play rags to riches with quotations: Practice Activity 2
2. Homework Check & Share: Read and comment on 2-3 teammates' narratives. For each narrative, write at least 1 positive (Something I loved...) and 1 constructive (Something you could improve...) piece of feedback. Remember, you can make comments by clicking Comment in the Insert menu, or you can just click Ctrl + Alt + M.
- Find links to your teammates' narratives here.
3. Complete Revision Assessment Checklist:
- Read through your teammate's narrative carefully.
- Then, complete the revision assessment checklist to identify strong and weak parts about the writing.
- Please be honest in your assessment! Your teammate will only improve his/her writing if you give feedback that is not all positive. Plus, checking no does not mean the writing is not good; it means it could be even better by changing something.
- Afterwards, your partner (the one who wrote the narrative) will select three things to focus on when revising.
- Directions for the Revision Checklist:
- Click Here to open the checklist.
- Copy everything in the document:
- Ctrl + A to select all
- Ctrl + C to copy
- Open your narrative (A Testing Disaster in the Writing Portfolio of your Google Drive)
- Scroll down past the prewriting five things table in your document.
- Press enter to skip down to the next page.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the checklist into the end of your document.
4. Revise Your Narrative: Now that you have set your revision priorities, you will use the remaining time in class to improve your writing.
- You are never finished revising! Continue working to improve things, add interesting details, or remove things that are not important.
Homework: Capitalization and Punctuation of Quotes