1. IWBAT describe how community activists transformed a rough median strip on Quesada Avenue into a community garden.
2. IWBAT explain how the gardens on Quesada Avenue are similar to the garden in Seedfolks.
1. Do Now: Adjectives & Adverbs
2. Finish Seedfolks Unit Assessment
3. Learn about the Quesada Gardens Initiative:
A) Watch a video:
B) Read an article from the San Francisco Chronicle: "A Little Bit of Eden in the Bayview"
C) Think and write: respond to some questions about the article here
D) If there is enough time, discuss the transformation of Quesada Avenue and the influence of the community gardens on area: Pomona / Dartmouth / MSU
4. Exit Slip on Socrative: In one paragraph, explain how the gardens on Quesada Avenue in the Bayview are similar to the garden in the book Seedfolks.