IWBAT draft a personal letter from Johnny to Ponyboy that describes my experience and gives advice.
- Format: personal (friendly) letter
- Audience: Ponyboy Curtin
- Role: Johnny Cade
- Topic: what I've learned & my advice for Ponyboy
1. Do Now: Your/You're Practice (please complete in order):
2. Create Document on Google Drive:
- Open Google Drive.
- Click Create. Select Document.
- Click Untitled Document in the upper left corner.
- Rename your document Johnny's Last Letter - by FirstName LastName. Click OK.
- Don't change the font or text size yet.
3. Draft Your Letter: Your requirements include:
- I wrote in first-person narrative perspective, pretending to be Johnny (I = Johnny)
- My writing is formatted as a personal (friendly) letter, to Ponyboy
- I have included the date and greeting at the top
- I have written three paragraphs (each with 5 or more sentences)
- First paragraph: introduction, catch-up/chit-chat, purpose of letter
- Second paragraph: summary of what has happened to you, how you are feeling
- Third paragraph: advice to Ponyboy
- I have included a salutation and closing at the end
- My sentences begin with capital letters and end with periods / question marks / exclamation points
4. Share Your Letter with Mr. T:
- In the upper left corner of your document, click Share.
- Next to People at kippbayarea.org who have the link can view, click Change.
- Next to Access: Anyone within kippbayarea.org, click Can view and select Can comment from the dropdown menu. Click Save.
- When the link to share is highlighted, press Ctrl + C to copy the link.
- Complete the form below, and use Ctrl + V to paste the link.
Homework: Finish Rough Draft (on Google Drive!)