IWBAT confirm or reject my prediction of what China's reeducation centers are.
1. Do Now: punctuation in compound sentences
2. Read a New York Times article that explains why two elderly women in China were sent to reeducation camps: Click Here
3. On Google Moderator, explain what you think a reeducation center is: Click Here.
4. Watch a video about reeducation centers in China. While you watch, think about whether or not your prediction of what a reeducation center is validated or not, and be prepared to explain what a reeducation center is.
5. Complete an exit ticket on Socrative (room number kba).
- Explain what you learned today: What is a reeducation center?
- Answer the question on the board: Why would the Chinese government send dissidents (people who oppose or disagree with the government) to reeducation centers?
Homework: Chu Ju's House analysis