IWBAT use transition words and phrases, in order to help writing flow more smoothly from one idea to another.
1. Do Now: Complete the following self-directed practice exercises to review transition words and phrases. You should move on to the next activity when you feel ready. Please use your time effectively to practice and prepare for your quiz tomorrow. You may complete the activities in any order.
- A: Take a transition words practice test: Click Here
- B: Take another transitions practice test: Click Here
- C: Take another transitions practice test: Click Here
- D: Practice sequencing and adding transitions: Click Here
- E: Practice your paragraph unity and coherence skills: Mild / Medium / Spicy!
- F: Complete cause and effect transitions practice exercises: Click Here
- G: Read through this slideshow presentation on transitions: Click Here
- H: If you need more help, view a different reference sheet: Click Here
2. Homework Check: My Letter to Mr. T
3. Read The Hunger Games: Chapter 19 -- pp. 243-257 (audiobook part 2 -- 1:46:25 to 2:15:00)
4. Transitions Practice: On Socrative, you will practice selecting the best transition, adding transitions, and writing with transitions.
5. Gallery Walk: Answer these gallery walk questions to help prepare yourself for the quiz tomorrow. We will review the most frequently missed questions together in class.
7. Analyzing Katniss's Feelings for Peeta: Write a paragraph in which you analyze how Katniss really feels about Peeta. In your paragraph response, you must cite textual evidence and include appropriate transitions.
Homework: "Into the Tornado" (TFK)