IWBAT present my Hunger Games advertisement project to my teammates,
and IWBAT evaluate my teammates' presentations for its (1) effectiveness as an advertisement, (2) creativity, (3) inclusion of accurate details from the text, (4) clarity, and (5) professionalism.
1. Do Now: Quill.org -- finish the activity due today (4/8/14)
- Finished Early? You may: (1) read silently, (2) work on TeenBiz3000, (3) read an interview with Suzanne Collins
3. Student-Directed Discussion: Is Haymitch a good mentor to Katniss and Peeta?
- we actively listen to our teammates (use body language, seek to understand)
- we build on each other's comments (not just state our own opinions)
- we monitor our own air time (step up, step back)
- we direct the discussion, without the teacher (no raising hands)
- we help teammates enter the conversation (I'd love to hear from ____)
4. Finish The Hunger Games Project Presentations: rate your teammates' presentations
Homework: Australia's Dangerous Animals
Stanford Women's Basketball Team presents