Thursday, June 5, 2014

Where I'm From Poems

AIM: IWBAT use imagery to write an expressive poem, in the style of George Ella Lyons, that describes where I'm from.

Tasks:
1. Quill: Finish ALL lessons for this week, from June 2nd to June 6th

2. Homework CheckLangston's Dreams

          

3. Share Poems from Tuesday's Class
  • If you didn't submit your poem, do that here.

4. Imagery: creating images through words: sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and feelings

5. Read "Where I'm From" by George Ella Lyons

6. Brainstorm Images Where You're From: view classwork here

7. Draft "Where I'm From" Poemview classwork here

8. Type Your Poem on Google Drive

9. Compare your poem to the one you wrote in September. Choose the one you like best.


Homework: "My Father's Love Letters" by Yusef Komunyakaa


                    


No comments:

Post a Comment