As chief economic adviser for Deng Xiaoping in 1978, IWBAT draft a memo to the leader of the Chinese Communist party, in order to advise him whether we should or should not implement the one-child policy in China.
|Consequences of China's One-Child Policy (negative on left, positive on right)|
1. Complete the prewriting graphic organizer. For this, you will brainstorm what is the main problem China is facing in 1972, what is a potential solution (the one-child policy), and what are 5 positive and 5 negative results/consequences of this potential solution.
2. Read the description of your assignment and FART it out. That is, you will assign the Format, Audience, Role, and Topic.
3. Write your thesis (your main argument: whether Deng Xiaoping should or should not implement the one-child policy) and select your three main reasons or key points from your prewriting graphic organizer. Then, give one example (fact or detail) to support each of your key points.
4. When you have finished steps #1-3, open Google Drive. Click Writing Portfolio. Then, open the document that is titled "One-Child Policy Memo."
5. Draft your three body paragraphs. Each of the paragraphs should be about one key point to support your thesis. You can skip your introduction and conclusion for now. Your homework is to finish typing your three body paragraphs.
- If you wish, you may use these graphic organizers to help you organize your thoughts before or while you draft your paragraphs.