1. IWBAT identify positive and negative effects of the one-child policy in China.
2. IWBAT evaluate bias in a nonfiction article.
3. IWBAT analyze an article on population growth (on TeenBiz3000).
|Why does Mr. T think is cartoon is funny? |
How does this relate to the one-child policy in China?
Hint: Notice who is on the shoulders of whom.
If you think you know, leave a comment at the bottom of the page.
1.Think about pros and cons of the one-child policy as you read this article: click here
- You will use these pros and cons for your prewriting tomorrow.
- Write your ideas and submit them to Mr. T in the form below task #2.
2. Determine where there is bias in this article in an American investigated the effects of the one-child policy in a rural area in China: click here
- The vocabulary level in this article is challenging. Remember, you can double-click any unknown word, and the definition will pop up.
- You can also use this information for your prewriting tomorrow.
- Respond to the questions in the form below:
3. Complete the 5-step procedure on TeenBiz3000.
- If you did not yet read the "Meet Number Seven Billion" article, please read this article and complete the associated activities. There should be a new email in your inboxes with a link to the article.
- If you did read the "Meet Number Seven Billion" article yesterday, read today's article, or open another article that is listed in an email from TeenBiz.
- When you complete the five steps, you may continue exploring any part of the TeenBiz website.
- If you forget how to do something with TeenBiz, click here to view a reference.
Homework: One-Child Policy (& Complex Sentence Review)