IWBAT draft a creative narrative about a disaster that occurs during standardized testing at school.
1. Do Now: While you watch the Flocabulary music video, "The Five Things," define the five things (or elements of a story).
- In the Writing Portfolio of your Google Drive, open A Testing Disaster.
- Update the heading on your document.
- Scroll down to the second page of the document.
- Using your classwork/homework from yesterday, describe the five things (elements of a story) that will be in your creative narrative.
- In the same Google document ("A Testing Disaster"), scroll up to the first page.
- Delete the instructions text and begin drafting your creative narrative in this space.
- Make sure to meet these guidelines when drafting:
- plot includes standardized testing and some sort of disruption/disaster/major conflict
- include 1-3 major characters
- include dialogue (characters directly speaking to one another)
- You will continue drafting your narrative during class on Monday. Your draft will be due Tuesday morning (for Monday night's homework).
4. Submit your Draft to Mr. T using this form
- While in your Google document, click Share in the upper-right corner of the window.
- In the dialogue box, click Change under Who Has Access.
- Then, click Anyone with a link.
- Next to Access: Anyone (no sign-in required), select Can comment from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.
- The web address for your essay should already be highlighted (under Link to share). Press CTRL + C to copy the web address.
- Click Done.
- Open this form.
- Type in your first and last name and select your homeroom.
- Then, paste your the web address to your essay by pressing CTRL + V.
- Click Submit.
- Make sure you see the confirmation page with a note from Mr. T.
Homework: Free Write