Thursday, May 30, 2013

Plan & Begin Drafting Seedfolks Narrative

Aims:
1. IWBAT plan the conflict and characterization for my Bayview Seedfolks narrative.
2. IWBAT begin drafting my Bayview Seedfolks narrative with dialogue, instant action, or the setting.

Tasks:
1. Do Now: Identify Parts of Speech (seventh grade standard):

2. Finalize your homeroom's common ground
3. Determine how your character will become involved: view classwork

4. Determine the conflict for your narrative

5. Begin drafting your narrative (find it in the Writing Portfolio in your Google Drive). Start your writing with a hook:
  • SETTING: Give your reader some sense of time or place in which your story takes place. An easy way to begin is to use the words, “It was...” (but we don’t always have to do this)
    • example: It was an especially cold and foggy morning in San Francisco.
    • example: The sun had just set on October 31st, Halloween day. 
  • CONVERSATION: Begin with someone talking (direct dialogue) or some kind of other noise/sound.
    • example: “David, you’re going to be late for school!”
    • example: “I can’t believe it’s already time to get up,” I grumbled to myself that morning. 
    • example: Beep! Beep! Beep! I reached over and hit the alarm clock. It read 6:30 AM--time to get ready for school.
  • HIGH ACTION: Begin with suspense, an exciting event, or something that will surprise your reader.
    • example: When my mom drug me out of bed, I thought it would be just a normal school day. Man, was I wrong!
    • example: I was awakened by smoke filling the room. A white haze clouded my vision, and I started coughing uncontrollably.

Homework: "As I Grew Older"


    No comments:

    Post a Comment