IWBAT connect The Hunger Games to the Greek myth of Theseus and the Minotaur, in order to explain what inspired Suzanne Collins to write The Hunger Games.
|Theseus slaying the Minotaur|
1. Do Now: context clues with content from chapter 2 and 3 in The Hunger Games
2. Homework Check: Context Clues
3. Read Chapter 3: pp. 35-47 (0:59:12-1:23:53)
4. Inspiration for The Hunger Games: complete your classwork on this form while watching these video interviews with the author, Suzanne Collins:
Responses to the Book:
5. Theseus and the Minotaur: Now that you know more about what has inspired Suzanne Collins' stories, you will read the Greek myth that she referenced: Click Here
Finished Early? Awesome! (as long as your work is high quality)
- You may choose to read your independent reading book.
- You may also choose to watch the videos below, about Theseus and the Minotaur.
Homework: "Leading the Way" (TFK)